Saturday, August 11, 2007

oh...what to tell...what to tell...

Josey is just such an amazing little girl. I know, I know I am her mommy and a little biased but I just think she is so funny and incredible.

Let's see...

Her hand is healing very well. You can barely tell that she even got burned...thank goodness. She was really good with the healing process, she would pull the dead skin off her self. UGH! We had to stop her sometimes though because she would pick and it was not all ready sometimes...then it would hurt. She was good about making a fist for us, so that it would not stiffen up, and keep it moving. I was amazed at her healing abilities after her surgery and still am after this healing...

She talks constantly...and I know I say that all the time but she is always chatting. She is so curious about her world. Constantly asking questions....honestly this gets exhausting sometimes since this means we are constantly answering her, and sometimes two and three times with the same questions. But oh well...I would not know what to do if she was a really quiet kid since I am a talker myself!

She gets up in the morning and says, "It's a sunny day Mommy. It's a sunny day!" She is always wanting to wake daddy up with the same statement but we try to let him sleep in for a bit. :) She likes to look out the windows when we drive and point out all that she sees and she is pretty specific. If I call a van a car I will get corrected, "No Mommy that is not a car. That is a van." Well ok then!

Her new one too is, "can we talk about it?" If I tell her no she cannot have candy for instance. She will say, "Maybe in a bit we can talk about it?" Because then maybe I will change my mind and let her. Too funny!

We are having some road construction done right outside our home. There is a huge trench in the road that we have to drive over. They have placed some metal strips over it that make a lot of noise when we drive over them. Every time we do she asks, "Mommy what is that sound?" Well when Daddy is with us he will say, "Everybody look what's going down." Like the song..."hey, hey what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down." Well he has done this a few times but she has now picked it up. The past few days have been trying for me...I am soooo tired.(read my Omigosh!Twins! blog for an update) so the other day I just could not answer her AGAIN about what that was, I know bad mommy! So I just asked her, "What is that sound Josey?" And she pipes up from her seat, "Everybody look what's going down!" With this big ol' grin on her face! So adorable.

She is going through a growth spurt I think...she has been eating like crazy lately. Funny thing about her, and I have blogged before, but she will eat about anything. I am so glad that she is not picky but I am even surprised sometimes at her food choices. A current fave of hers is Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice soup! I get her her own bowl if go eat at Panera for lunch and she will eat the whole thing. I do not think I like that particular soup until I was in my 20's! So funny!

Well I am sure there is more but I have to go lay down now...will blog more about her later. I hope you are all doing well...continue to watch for updates....we will be home more so I will try to update more. and here is a funny picture....

No comments: